Just add sprinkles!
Who doesn’t love ice cream sandwiches? Especially in the hot summer sun! If you’re looking for a cute, themed dessert to bring to a 4th of July potluck, try making some ice cream sandwiches with a patriotic twist. All you need is some red, white, and blue sprinkles!
To get started, just grab your favorite cookie and ice cream flavor, then add some patriotic sprinkles! This is also a fun dessert you can get the kids involved in. Depending on how fancy you want to get, you can even create an ice cream cookie sandwich bar with different ice cream and cookie flavors to choose from so each of your party guests can make their own!
For this recipe, we’re sticking to some American classics: Chocolate chip cookies and vanilla ice cream.
1) Cookies (any flavor of your choice)
2) Ice cream (any flavor of your choice)
3) Red, white, and blue sprinkles
1) Place two cookies on a plate and add ice cream on top of one cookie.
2) Place the other cookie on top of the ice cream to make a sandwich and press down gently.
2) Pour sprinkles out onto another plate.
3) Roll cookie through sprinkles to coat edge.
4) Top with an American flag for an extra touch of patriotism. Enjoy!
Don’t have a lot of prep time on your hands? No need to make your own ice cream sandwiches! Just buy your favorite from the store and add sprinkles. (We won’t tell!) It’s a simple dessert everyone at your party will love — and it’s Instagram-worthy for sure!