It's about more than just the horses - we're talking food, fashion, and a huge party.
On April 27th, thousands of people will converge on Brooklandwood in Mineral Springs, NC, to enjoy a day of tailgating, fashion, fun and steeplechase racing! The 24th Annual Queen’s Cup Steeplechase will kick off the last Saturday in April and showcase jumps and miles of turf racing.
Event co-founder Bill Price calls the event his dream and his wife’s nightmare (though she’s since come around). The Queen’s Cup Steeplechase has grown into a massive party, featuring everything from hat and tailgating competitions, Jack Russell Terrier races, five horse races and an after-party featuring a local dance band.
The 2019 schedule includes:
- Gates opens at 10 a.m.
- Pony rides for kids from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Jack Russell Terrier Races from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Hat contest at 11:45 a.m.
- Tailgate contest at Noon
- Opening ceremonies at 12:30 p.m.
- Horse racing at 1:30 p.m., 2:05 p.m.. 2:40 p.m., 3:15 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- Raffle drawing at 3:45 p.m.
- And after the final race is the after party, the 24th Annual Hot Walk Party
General admission tickets start at $50 and increase to $75 the day of the event. You can purchase tickets online or by calling 704-843-7070.