It only take 30 minutes to cook.
Maybe you work late. Maybe you’ve got kids. Or maybe you’d just much rather order food than cook it yourself. We’ve all been there. But when a recipe cooks in 30 minutes with little clean-up? We’re willing to give it a shot! Eckrich rep and personal chef Lisa Brooks shows up how to make this Sausage, Rice and Veggie Bake that can feed a whole family (or just you for a week).
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup of long grain rice
- 2 cups of chicken broth/stock
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 Eckrich Smoked Sausage sliced into coins
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- In a two-and-a-half quart saucepan, bring the long grain white rice and chicken broth to a boil. Season with the garlic powder and black pepper.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, then place the broccoli florets over the rice.
- Cover again and continue cooking for five more minutes.
- Mix in the Eckrich Smoked Sausage, the diced tomatoes and half a cup of cheddar cheese.
- Pour it into a two-quart baking dish and bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle a half cup of cheddar cheese on top and bake a few more minutes until the cheese is melted.
Want to see more easy recipes? Check out the Eckrich website.