You can achieve creamy crème brûlée goodness with coconut and cashews.
With Thanksgiving and Christmas right around the corner, Living Kitchen founder Juliana Luna shares her twist on a popular dessert. While traditional crème brûlée is made with eggs and milk, this version is completely raw – and honestly, pretty darn close to the original. If you’re looking for a healthier alternative for the holidays, then look no further!
Vegan Crème Brûlée (Yields 19 0z.)
- 5 oz. Soaked Cashews (4 hours at least)
- 5 oz. Coconut Meat
- 3 oz. Coconut Water
- 1/2 Cup Agave (Maple Syrup will also work)
- 2 TBS Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp. Vanilla Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 4 oz. Coconut Oil
- 2 gr. Orange Zest
- Combine all ingredients into blender of choice.
- Blend on highest setting until mixture achieves creamy texture.
- Portion 3.5 oz. of mixture into ramekins.
- Let them cool down and cover with a plastic wrap.
- Freeze overnight.
- To brûlée, coat the top with pure cane sugar and heat with torch until it hardens.